Denzel Curry & Kenny Beats are back with an alternative version of their 2020 collaborative effort, Unlocked. Adding instrumentals from producers like The Alchemist and Charlie Heat while also implementing features from rappers such as Benny the Butcher, Joey Bada$$, and Kenny Mason, Unlocked 1.5 becomes a refreshing change of pace that any fan of the original LP will enjoy. With every guest delivering a stellar performance, the only negative thing I have to say is that these alterations steer away from the rapper/producer chemistry Zel and Kenny thrived with in the first place, which makes the overall experience feel inferior to the one we got last February.
- Altered instrumentals are great
- Added features are amazing
- Denzel still remains a dominant force on each track
- Denzel and Kenny Beat’s chemistry is compromised
- Record loses focus and becomes messier
- Kenny Beats’ role is minimized