Yelawolf is back with his second project since leaving Shady Records in 2019. Teaming up with fellow southern rapper Caskey, the two have released Yelawolf Blacksheep. Outside of a few solid moments, this records taught me that Yelawolf doesn’t have much left in the tank as his lyrics are super stale, and he fails to truly captivate the listener for more than a few minutes. When it comes to Caskey’s performance, he also doesn’t contribute much as his vocals are super robotic and his lyrics offer little to nothing. Walking away from Yealwolf Blacksheep, all I can really say is that projects like these define the word mediocre.
- Generally good production
- Yelawolf shows flashes of greatness
- Overall, Yelawolf seems to be running out of ideas and rhyme creatively
- Caskey is pretty much useless here
- No interesting ideas/concepts addressed